CLOTHING ADVICE FOR ’Purity’ PORTRAIT SESSION
1. What to wear
Beautiful, memorable portraits don't just happen they are carefully planned. But we can only accomplish this with your help. Please take a few moments to discuss clothing and colours, which will bring everything into line for memorable and personalized results. Here are some key points to remember when deciding what to wear.
Keep it simple
A Black (ideally) long sleeved or white shirt is perfect but if you don't have anything black, plain dark clothing is best, avoiding logos & patterns (spots/stripes). Solid Colours are best. Try to avoid large or Bold Patterns and bright colours as they draw attention away from the face.
* Long Sleeve dresses/shirts are recommended. They draw attention away from the arms and focus it on the face.
* Darker clothing tends to minimize body shape.
* Necklines are important, a V or scoop neck is best if your neck is short and your face is full. A turtle neck or, high necked is more flattering if your neck is longer and your face is slender.
* Dress everyone in the same style of clothing, do not mix casual and formal attire. Casual matching clothing is best for these sessions.
* Keep the tonal range of clothing within the group the same. Do not mix light and dark colours.
* Newborns are best photographed in a plain all-in-one outfit, dungarees or naked if preferred. Brightly coloured or patterned clothing is best avoided.
2. What to bring
To help ensure a successful portrait session, it's best to bring along a couple of additional clothing choices so we can decide together what would work best.
3. What to expect during the session
Andrew will photograph your baby/child in the comfort of our family friendly studio during those early weeks/months. As a father of 4 children under 12, Andrew's unique understanding that baby may need to stop for feeding or changing, means that these sessions are totally calm, relaxed and never rushed. Newborns are best photographed in a plain all-in-one outfit, dungarees or naked if preferred. Brightly coloured or patterned clothing is best avoided.
Andrew’s ‘Purity’ sessions have become so popular, they now account for about 95% of our portrait business, especially with children & teenagers. These sessions are conducted in our small family friendly studio, simple, classical lighting plus a black or dark background is all that is required to produce the timeless, striking studio images.
The 'Purity' style works just as well for the family session too, or alternatively on location at a local park, woodland or beach etc. for a completely different feel to the session. During the session, Andrew will take a variety of shots capturing your family individually as well as all together. Casual matching clothing is best for these sessions.
To see more of Andrew's 'Purity' portraits, click HERE